The poached egg can be used in many ways as a component or garnish. The special fascination lies in letting the strong orange-yellow of the still soft yolk flow and thus forming a beautiful contrast to strong green tones.
The famous dish “Oeuf Bénédict” is therefore often refined with sautéed spinach leaves. Eggs are also a popular garnish with avocados.
Material needed :
- pot of sufficient diameter
- wooden spoon
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan with a very generous dash of vinegar
- Crack the egg into a cup and add a teaspoon of vinegar
- when the water is boiling, remove the pot from the stove
- Stir vigorously with a wooden spoon to create a strudel in the middle
- Let the egg flow into the middle of the strudel, it rotates around its own axis for a while and the albumen wraps itself around the yolk
- Leave for 2-3 minutes
- Lift out with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper