The advantage of sous vide cooking is a result that can be reproduced again and again and also an even cooking level without a gray overgrown meat edge. The preparation and storage of the duck breast cooked sous vide is described here .
To finish, the chilled breasts can be placed skin-side down directly on a hot baking sheet and heated in the oven until crispy. Heating on the skin side causes the fat that has not yet been rendered to come out and the skin also becomes crispy.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C with a baking tray
- Remove the cold (or defrosted) breast from the bag and pat dry with paper towels
- Place skin-side down on the hot baking sheet and bake for about 12 minutes
- the skin is now crispy and most of the fat is skipped
- Cover with sauce or paint with hot honey, for example
- cut and arrange