- Mojos are cold vegetarian, mostly spicy sauces or dips that have their roots in Canarian cuisine. They are served with cooked vegetables and potatoes as well as with fish or meat.
Ingredients for approx. 300 ml:
- 2 red dried Canarian peppers (pimiento para mojo)
- 2 red chili peppers
- 1 round red fresh pepper for the creaminess
- 1 teaspoon ground sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 150 ml olive oil (cold pressed)
- 50 ml wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Puree all ingredients in a blender or with a powerful hand blender until all ingredients are finely pureed
The mojo will keep for a few days, sealed and well chilled.