This coleslaw is the fruity alternative to the well-known caraway variety. And the freshness that this salad conjures up on the palate makes it a perennial favorite in the repertoire.
Material needed :
- Sufficiently large bowl
- Optional: disposable gloves
- A small cabbage
- Two apples, for example[restrict] Elstar
- 5 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon, alternatively a whole teaspoon finely chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the pointed cabbage and the cored apples into very fine juliennes on the mandolin.
- Prepare a dressing from the remaining ingredients. Pour everything over the soles and mix well.
- Attention: it is best to wear gloves, the turmeric stains intensively.
The salad tastes best when it has steeped for a few hours. You can also prepare it 2-3 days before serving and store it in the fridge.
Vacuum sealed in jars, it keeps for 3 weeks without any loss of quality.