Saddle of venison and red cabbage not only go well together in terms of season but also in terms of taste.
Since the red cabbage can be used in many ways, we decided on a tetralogy, i.e. four things.
The components :
- Red cabbage salad as a crunchy side dish
- Red cabbage jus
- Red Cabbage Gel
- Red Cabbage Dust
- saddle of venison
- Take the saddle of venison out of the fridge, lightly salt all sides and let it come to room temperature for 10 minutes
- Sear on both sides and leave in the oven over low heat until the desired doneness. Our preference is 57°C core temperature
- Arrange the red cabbage salad on the plate
- Pour the red cabbage jus over a mirror
- Slice the saddle of venison and arrange on top
- Dress the gel in dots
- Sprinkle with the red cabbage dust and serve