“Paglia e Fieno”, i.e. “straw and hay”, originally refers to thin yellow and green pasta mixed together.
A lighter and also colorful version is spaghetti made from sweet potatoes and zucchini.
- Use a julienne peeler to peel long strips (spaghetti) from the zucchini, leaving the core intact and saving for other uses.
- In a sauté pan, heat high heat olive oil
- Add the zucchini strips with 2 tablespoons of water, sprinkle with a little salt and pepper
- Cover the pot and steam for 10 seconds
- Add blanched sweet potato spaghetti and mix gently
- Cook under the lid for another 15 seconds
- Arrange and serve as a separate dish with sauce or as a vegetable side dish