This is probably the simplest delicacy in the world: Roasted marrow bones.
Your trusted butcher will give you the bones, cut in half lengthways, ready-portioned and fresh from the slaughterhouse.
If you want to use it immediately, proceed as follows:
- Preheat the oven to 230°C for a circulating air or a circulating air grill
- prepare a bed of coarse salt on a baking sheet
- Lay the bones on the salt so they can’t tip over
- Place in the oven for 25 minutes
- In the meantime, cut open some baguette or ciabatta
- After the 25 minutes have elapsed, place the bread with the bones and toast them until they are browned the way you want them
Serve on a plate and sprinkle with fleur de sel. Use a suitable spoon to spoon it out and serve with a salad.