Red cabbage salad provides a wonderfully crunchy freshness, especially with dishes that are naturally not very crunchy, such as purees and stews.
The Boskoop apple also provides a fruity acidity. You don’t have to be stingy with salt, but 14 g per kg of lettuce is sufficient.
- 200 g finely shaved red cabbage
- 100 g finely shaved Boskoop apple with peel
- 5 cl lemon juice
- 5 cl red wine vinegar
- 5 cl maple syrup
- 5 grams of salt
- pepper to taste
- Mix all the ingredients together and knead to break up the red cabbage
- Leave covered for at least 1 hour
- Mix again, arrange and serve
Faster variant :
Anyone who owns a chamber vacuum sealer can vacuum the red cabbage salad without kneading it in a vacuum bag, ideally with a marinating function. The salad is fully cooked after 15 minutes.