A variation of the cod fillet with tapenade is topping it with zucchini slices. The preparation is otherwise analogous to the preparation with the mushroom scales.
Additional highlight :
- Bundles were tied from dried pine needles. These were lit to serve, placed on the dish and covered with a glass hood (cloche).
- The cloche is removed on the table, the smoke rises and in the meantime has had ample opportunity to enrich the dish with a fine smoke aroma.
The procedure :
- Portion the cod loin into pieces of approx. 150g each
- Prepare fresh tapenade
- Cut zucchini into wafer-thin slices or slice, a truffle slicer is perfect for this if you only want small quantities
- Spread the tapenade on the meat side of the fish portions
- Put on the zucchini scales
- Fry on the skin side
- Pour in some fish stock and cover the pan with a lid
- Let cook until the zucchini flakes are al dente
- Serve on puree or sauce
- Light the pine needles and put on
- Cover with cloche