It must not be sticky and gummy but must be creamy and almost airy: the classic mashed potatoes.
The ingredients :
- 100% mealy potatoes
- 20% milk
- 20% whipped cream
- 10% butter
- Peel the potatoes, cut into rough pieces of a similar size and boil in cold salted water (8g salt/l) with a little sugar. The sugar helps preserve the potatoes’ natural flavor.
- simmer until they fall off on their own when poked with a thin knife, about 20-25 minutes)
- meanwhile, heat the milk, cream and butter to just below boiling point and keep hot
- Drain the cooked potatoes and let them evaporate in the still hot pot until no more steam rises
- Mash finely with a potato masher, alternatively and for fewer pieces you can also use the potato ricer
- Add the hot milk mixture and stir slowly
- Season generously with salt and nutmeg
- as an accompaniment to almost all meat and fish dishes, especially good with stews with lots of sauce
- Puree can be vacuumed and cooled very well in portions
- the heating in the bag is then carried out in a water bath or with steam