When cleaning Brussels sprouts, the outer leaves often fall off. The intact leaves can be used for other dishes.
In this example they were processed as part of a pasta sauce.
Constituents / Ingredients :
- Leaves sections of 1 kg Brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 150ml bacon béchamel
- some water
- Blanch the separated leaves and shock in ice water
- Caramelize some sugar in a pan until golden
- Deglaze with 100 ml of water and stir
- Add the Brussels sprouts and mix with the caramel
- Add the béchamel and stir
- With grated nutmeg
- Fold into prepared noodles
- Arrange and serve