Veal brain is also a delicacy in Germany, even if it rarely finds its place on the menu. In addition, it has to be ordered separately from the butcher, since it is no longer part of the standard range.
The preparation in the Müllerin style, i.e. with nut butter, lemon and parsley, is one of the most suitable garnishes.
- Freshly slaughtered veal brain
- Bouquet garni
- leaf parsley
- Soak the brain in ice-cold water with a little vinegar for an hour
- Take it out and remove any nerve cords that may be present
- Poach in a strong broth until it has become as firm as mozzarella cheese (about 25 minutes)
- Allow to cool in the broth and store in the cold for a maximum of 2 days until use
- When using, toss briefly in flour and fry in foaming butter until golden
- Just before serving, add the juice of half a lemon, a tablespoon of diced garlic and 3 tablespoons of chopped leaf parsley and toss briefly
- Remove and serve the lamb
- Season the sauce with salt, cover the brain with the sauce and serve