The fascinating thing about asparagus is that it is so versatile. Boiling, confit, sous vide, en papilotte, grilling – almost all cooking methods are suitable.
For the white asparagus salad, we made tarragon olive oil in a vacuum blender . If this is not technically possible, use a fine olive oil and fresh, finely chopped tarragon leaves for the vinaigrette instead.
- cutting board
- chef’s knife
Ingredients for 4 people as a side dish:
- 12 sticks of cooked asparagus . The spears should have a distinct bite (when you lift them out of the asparagus broth, they should only bend very slightly). Our preferred variant is sous-vide cooking for 40 minutes at 86°C.
- 15 ml white balsamic vinegar (balsamico bianco)
- 5 g hot mustard
- 30 ml olive oil infused with tarragon
- 3 g RT herbal salt
- 2 small shallots
- 1/2 zucchini
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- optional: 1/2 sprig of fresh tarragon
- Cut the shallots into brunoises
- Cut the cold asparagus spears diagonally into 2cm wide pieces (diagonally is nice)
- Cut or slice the courgettes into fine juliennes
- Cut the peppers into small cubes (approx. 5x5mm).
- Make a vinaigrette with balsamic vinegar, mustard, oil and herb salt
- Mix the shallot brunoises with the vinaigrette and then carefully fold in the asparagus pieces
- Fold in the zucchini juliennes and diced peppers
- The asparagus salad can be served immediately. However, he is at his best when he was allowed to pull through for a good quarter of an hour.