Asparagus cooked sous vide not only has a consistent consistency. It is also great for stocking up, at least for a few days.
If it is then needed, a few minutes in a water bath or steam are sufficient to finish the asparagus.
Of all the variants we tested, this one was the best:
- Peel asparagus
- save the bowls for the asparagus soup base
- Place the required number of asparagus spears per portion next to each other in a boil-proof vacuum bag
- add some butter, some salt, a pinch of sugar and a section of lemon zest
- vacuum tight
- Cook in a water bath at 85°C for 20 minutes
- Cool quickly to below 4°C in the blast chiller or in ice water
- Store cold until use